About This Blog

Every week I will be reviewing one movie that I have recently watched and feel that it should be brought out to the world. These movies will likely be ones that are not mainstream or huge box office smashes, but ones that prove their existence within the cinematic world. All opinions are of my own and have no intellectual background to support it other than I have a degree in Marketing, which doesn't mean s*** when it comes to movie reviews. So sit back, relax the mind, and indulge in some interesting beef as this Mc sets upon a journey through the reels.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Just Saw Inception

So I figured it wouldn't be right if I went to see the most hyped movie of the summer and didn't post something about it. Now, I'm not writing this to tell everyone how much I liked the plot, or how sexy Leo looks (dreamy). I am just going to mention one thing I liked about this movie.

Originality. That simple. I liked how this movie was not based on a book. It wasn't a remake from a movie made 30 years ago that wasn't even that good back then, and wasn't that good when it was remade. It wasn't a spin off that should never have happened and anyone involved in that movie should be banned from Hollywood. Do I seem a little tense. Well, this list should explain why.

Freaky Friday
Rollerball
The Shaggy Dog
The Love Bug
Twilight Movies (Fuck Team Edward and the rest of em. I'm Team Blade, the daywalker)
Any scary movie that was redone and ruined the credibility of the first (Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, etc.)
Spider man (yea, in case you don't know, they are re-launching the spider man movies)
Red Dawn (coming out in a year)
The Last Airbender (good luck redeeming yourself after that pile of shit Shyamalan)

This movie was great because it was an idea that grew from Christopher Nolan's mind and made it's way onto the big screen in a most glorious form.

In a summer full of flops, having a movie like Inception was a breath of fresh air. I salute you, Christopher Nolan, for taking YOUR ideas to the silver screen. Bravo.

Do you know any crappy remakes or bookmovies? If you do, post em up.

No comments:

Post a Comment