About This Blog

Every week I will be reviewing one movie that I have recently watched and feel that it should be brought out to the world. These movies will likely be ones that are not mainstream or huge box office smashes, but ones that prove their existence within the cinematic world. All opinions are of my own and have no intellectual background to support it other than I have a degree in Marketing, which doesn't mean s*** when it comes to movie reviews. So sit back, relax the mind, and indulge in some interesting beef as this Mc sets upon a journey through the reels.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Question of the Week

Since I don't write enough reviews for people to check out, I thought I'd throw a question in here or there for you to mull over. It's something I do with my friends, so keeping it "movie style", I'll do them once in a while on here.

-Would you ever support a Calvin and Hobbes movie? Would you have supported it more if it was done when you were a kid reading the comic? Live action, Cartoon, or Pixar?

I ask this because many comics have been put to the big screen recently, but very rarely done well (Garfield, Alvin and the Chipmunks, etc.). Smurfs is coming out in theaters in the same form that Alvin and the Chipmunks was done in a few years ago, so I figured I'd ask for C&H.

P.S. - I still read Calvin and Hobbes on occasion.

2 comments:

  1. Good question, but no no no. The beauty of C+H is that Watterson never gave in to commercialization of the characters. Some things are best left kept to the imagination, and C+H falls at the top of that list.

    ReplyDelete